There are just about as many different kinds of cork wine stoppers as there are kinds of wine, so it can be a bit of a battle to work out which is the ideal stopper for a particular wine that you are bottling. Here at CorkLink we can offer independent advice on what to look for based on lifetimes of experience in the industry. Here are a few questions we might ask you if you are thinking about buying cork stoppers from us:
1. What shape/length is the neck of the bottle (and most importantly is the neck uniform in diameter where it will come in contact with the stopper)?
2. How long is the wine going to age in the bottle?
3. How much oxygen do you want to reach the wine whilst it is ageing (in part depending on what flavours you are trying to promote in the wine)?
4. How much are you willing to spend on the corks (if you have a premium wine, then you are probably going to want the best possible cork for example)?
5. Is the appearance of the cork once it is removed from the bottle an important factor for you (natural cork stoppers will always look more attractive and organic for example)?
As you can see it can be a difficult decision to make as to what is the best cork solution for a particular wine, so why not talk to us at CorkLink and we will look to understand your requirements and give our best advice.